The Desktop Support Specialist is responsible for analysing, troubleshooting and maintaining computer hardware, software and peripherals. Duties also include root cause analysis, documentation, mentoring or training, and being a consultant for computer problem resolution and guidance beyond the knowledge of the other IT colleagues or end users.
- · Support the Company’s mission, vision, values and goals in performance of daily activities.
- · Maintain and troubleshoot Windows desktop and notebook computers.
- · Assist end users to resolve level II support issues.
- · Take ownership and resolve complex technical issues with little or no supervision.
- · Document issues and resolution using the helpdesk ticketing system.
- · Plan for and respond to service outages and other issues.
- · Participate in change control preparation meetings.
- · Provide suggestions to Manager to minimize expenditures and optimize resources utilization and deployment.
- · Work on special projects as assigned by Manager IT.
- · Responsible for adhering to all internal and OSHA required safety procedures in performing daily work activities.
- · Maintain high standards of housekeeping throughout the work area.
- · Maintain a positive working relationship with all levels of the organization.
- · Assure compliance with federal, state, local and corporate policies, regulations and laws.
- · Adhere to all company policies and procedures (ex. Quality Policy Manual, Colleague Handbook, Change Control, Level II Procedures, etc.)
Reports directly to the Manager IT. Interfaces on as needed basis with all departments and colleagues of all levels in addition to peer IT professionals.
- · Provides model behavior to demonstrate corporate values.
- · Must possess a Bachelors Degree in Information Systems or a minimum of three (3) years experience in the IT support field.
- · Knowledge of PC desktop hardware and applications, including but not limited to: MS Windows XP/7, MS Office 2007; Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- · Must possess excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills with an emphasis on level to detail.
- · Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- · Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- · Ability to read and write in English and perform mathematical calculations.
- · May work with international colleagues possessing limited English skills. Bi-lingual experience is a plus (i.e. German, Italian, Polish, Korean, Chinese, etc.)
- · Must be sensitive to cultural diversification.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, WORK ENVIRONMENT AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Duties include but are not limited to: stand, walk, twist, bend, lift, see, talk and hear. Ability to travel. Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, vibration and hazardous materials.